Header

Image Map

Tuesday 25 September 2012

Denim Jacket lovin'

I have been on the hunt for a denim jacket. I haven't owned one for a few years, and kind of forgot how versatile they can be. However, as I have been blog hopping a lot of awesome plus sized fashion blogs (mostly courtesy of Aussie Curves) I started seeing some ladies rockin some awesome denim jackets.



What I love most is that the options are endless. A denim jacket can be worn with so many outfits. I tend to wear a lot of cardigans during Spring/ Summer to cover my arms. A denim jacket is a good alternative to this.

I knocked up a Polyvore inspiration board to show how  denim jacket can work so easily with different outfits:

Denim Jacket






Pants

A  denim jacket goes perfectly with the current coloured pants trend. You could add a white top and colourful necklace. You could also wear a patterned top, but use the denim jacket to break up the colour a bit.

Classic black pants and denim are also a great match. Take your work pants and make them into a casual outfit just by adding the jacket.

Skirts

I can really see a denim jacket working really well with a striped skirt. You can add a plain coloured top for a bit of colour blocking, or white ant black to keep it simple. Add a chunky necklace for a bit of colour.

Dresses

A denim jacket can be used to tone down a floaty dress. You can take a fancier, floaty dress and add a jacket. The jacket instantly makes the dress seem more casual. I can also see a denim jacket working really well with a maxi dress.

I purchased the crop denim jacket shown in the Polyvore inspiration board. I am thinking it will be perfect for summer. It is lightweight, and short sleeved. It has a bit of stretch as well, so it fits perfectly.

I am still on the quest to find a long sleeved denim jacket. I plan on hitting up the op shops soon to see what I can find.

Tell me, do you have a denim jacket? What is your favourite way to wear it?

- Sister Pear XX


No comments :

Post a Comment