Header

Image Map

Monday 20 May 2013

Aussie Curves - Sequins


Top - Kmart (Very old!)
Skirt- Autograph (old)
Stockings - Moda (Last Season)
Cardigan - Millers
Wedge Boots - Target
Bangle - Purchased second Hand

If you haven't seen already, I am posting a Plus Size Maternity series on the blog. I remember from my last pregnancy how difficult it was to find nice maternity clothing, that didn't cost a fortune. Being plus size made this task even more difficult. Although maternity clothing seems to have expanded in the last 3 years since I was last pregnant, I am still conscious of not buying a lot of clothing that will be worn for a year at most. It is with this in mind that I tried to shop my own wardrobe before I purchased any maternity wear. 

This weeks theme was done with this in mind. The sequined top that I am wearing was worn a lot through my last pregnancy. It actually isn't a maternity top at all. But it is long, and is made of a soft stretch material, that makes it pregnancy friendly. It is the perfect top to add a bit of glamour to a 'dressy casual' outfit.



One item I did want to buy for this winter was a pair of wedge ankle boots. I was delighted to find this pair at 40% off at target. I have so far found them very comfortable, although I am yet to wear them for a full day. I feel like ankle boots are very fashionable, and having a low wedge heel makes them pregnancy friendly. Many pregnant women have problems with their feet swelling, and also tend to be more clumsy given that your body naturally loosens up in order to allow the baby to grow. Also, carrying extra weight in front means extra weight your feet need to carry. All these things are not exactly 'heel friendly'. This is where I find wedge shoes very handy. They give you a little height, but are more comfortable and more sturdy.

Get some more sequin inspiration from the rest of the Aussie Curves crew


7 comments :

  1. love the sequinned bump :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one sexy, glowing, mumma-to-be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look good lady! The boots will serve you well I think. Great style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are looking fantastic. Love the blingy bump.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. another sequinned bump for sequin week - great look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have a very similar top (mine's cream)... i love becoming my very own disco ball when i wear it. you look fab, and very comfy :-)

    ReplyDelete