Header

Image Map

Monday 29 July 2013

Kids Cooking - Wholemeal Banana Muffins

My daughter LOVES to cook. She is obsessed.  Her present for her first birthday was a toy kitchen from Ikea. At first it was used for fine motor skills - opening and closing doors, pressing buttons, turning knobs. Eventually she moved into pretend play.


 Her love of cooking has grown since going to pre school as they frequently have 'Baby Masterchef' classes where they cook all sorts of goodies.



In support of this I am finding myself letting her help me in the kitchen more. I also figure that while were cooking things we may as well try to make it healthy (most of the time). With this in mind I tweaked a recipe I found on the Chobani website.




Wholemeal Banana Muffins 

1 Cup Plain Flour
1 Cup Self Raising Wholemeal Flour
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
4 Bananas
1/2 cup Coconut Oil
1 small Tub Chobani Yoghurt (or 1/2 cup) ( I used Mango flavoured)
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 egg


  1. Pre heat oven to 170
  2. In a large bowl mix together the flours, baking powder & cinnamon.
  3. In another bowl mash the banana
  4. Add the oil, egg, yoghurt & sugar. Stir well.
  5. Add the banana mixture to the flour and stir until all combined
  6. Spoon into a greased muffin tray and bake in oven for 25 min or until cooked.






No comments :

Post a Comment