Header

Image Map

Saturday 17 November 2012

Aussie Curves - Pastel



I really didn't think that I would manage to get my post up for Aussie Curves this week. Work has been really busy as it is report writing and exam marking crazy season for me. Added to that I caught a cold, and also had a cranky daughter to tend to, who had developed conjunctivitis, an ear infection and the sniffles!

I don;t have many pastel colours in my wardrobe, simply because they don;t seem to suit my skin tone. Most pastels make me look washed out and frumpy. However, there is always the exception to the rule!

I really wanted to share this dress with you. Sadly it is a past season dress, but I just adore it. I bought about 3 years ago, and it has been a summer staple ever since.



Dress - Target (Hot options)
Cardigan - Temt
Belt - Equip
Neecklace - Gift
Bangles - Diva

There is so much to love about the dress. The beautiful colours, the silky, flowy satin, the lovely v neck bodice. The dress is really lightweight and it perfect to wear on a hot summer day. I love to dress down the dress with sandals and a plain necklace  or dress it up with heels and a sparkly necklace. I have worn this dress to a wedding when  I was 6 months pregnant. 

Pear Tip: Wear a dress that is fitted at the bodice but flows out from either below the bust or the waist. This draws attention to your narrowest point. Add a belt to further accentuate your narrowest point.



I am really into belts lately too. I have made quite a few purchases recently of skinny belts. The one I am wearing is rose gold (my favourite metallic colour) and came as part of a 3 pack along with a mint green and a floral. I learnt a nifty trick to loop a belt so you don't have a lot of excess belt sticking out. 



Nerida is also wearing a dress for this week's theme


Dress - Big W (current)
Cardigan - SES
Shoes- Rivers
Bracelet - Tiffany & Co

It is very unusual for Nerida to wear floral print, as she generally prefers to wear bold prints or block colours. She spied this dress in Big W and tried it on. It fits perfectly and is really feminine. This is another dress that can be dressed down for something casual, bu can also be dressed up for a special occasion. 

The draping at the belly also is really flattering for her shape. The navy background on the dress makes the pastel floral print stand out, and also prevents Nerida from looking washed out. 

Apple Tip: Look for a dress that has a slight gather over the stomach, it prevents the dress from looking like it is clinging to your belly.


We both really love these dresses and are glad we have managed to squeeze this post in before the blog hop ends!

Tell us, do you have a favourite summer frock? What do you love about it?


3 comments :

  1. Oh Ladies! Your dresses are so beautiful and so are you! I am so jealous of the maxi dress especially the cut is fantastic! You both look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pink dress. Both look fab :)

    I just found your blog and love it! I subscribed!

    Take a look at mine and subscribe? I'm starting plus size and curvy fashion posts soon :)

    everyoneshouldsparkle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete