Header

Image Map

Friday 18 October 2013

Aussie Curves - Pink

Another week of Aussie Curves has rolled around. I did take photos for last week, but did not get a chance to write a post. Nevermind, I might share the photos later in the week. I think the more I can share how I dress while pregnant the better. Not so much because I am vain, but simply because there are so few photos of plus size Mumma's on the net I figure every picture helps :)

At nearly 36 weeks the emphasis is definitely on comfort when I dress. The weather had been going from really hot 30 degree days, to more mild 24 degree days. Added to the mix is the fires that are happening not too far from my home. That is a post for another day.


Shorts - Target
Top - Big W
Kimono Jacket - Tree of Life
Sandals - Kmart
Bangles - Lovisa
Necklace - Boutique stall (Unknown name)

I have never worn these shorts out in public. They are maternity shorts, and I have felt they were too short for me to wear. However I have seen so many fellow curvettes in short shorts recently, and they all look rather fab! I am very self conscious of my knees, which is why I've never worn these out. Except I realised when I look at other peoples I rarely notice their knees. So I decided to pop on my super comfortable shorts and head out to a fair with my daughter. In a case ultimate 'pushing my comfort levels' I also went out sans make up!


The kimono jacket is just beautiful. I love the pastel florals, and the light breezy weight. It was perfect for this week's pink theme. I love how it blends the two different patterns, and has such a soft pink tone. I kept accessories simple with a pretty bunting necklace and pastel toned bangles.




My sandals are super old, and date back to when I was pregnant with my daughter. I swelled up something fierce at the end, and these sandals (I also have them in gold & silver) were all I could wear, with the buckles widened as far as they could go. Thankfully I am much less puffy this time, but my feet are starting to swell in the heat.



I felt great in the outfit, it was comfortable, light and perfect for the school fair. It was lovely to spend some time with my daughter before the arrival of her sibling. We made purchases from the cake store, I picked up some beautiful material from a stall, and we shared a snow cone.



 Just what this Mumma and Sister  to be needed :)

What do you wear on hot days? Are you shorts-phobic like me?

Check what the other 'Pink Ladies' are wearing this week!





5 comments :

  1. You're rocking those shorts and your daughter is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! ! I think she is pretty cute too, but I am wholeheartedly biased!

      Delete
  2. The shorts look great! And agree with Sam, gorgeous wee girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was, but I'm not anymore. Shorts'phobic, that is. Life's too short. Pun intended. Haha. Looking good lady! Can't wait to blog meet the new addition. I feel like we've been along for a ride this whole time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to share the news with you all once it happens :D

      Delete