Finding the perfect jeans as a pear shape can be a bit of a holy grail though. I love the City Chic bootleg jeans, however I am a bit miffed they don't make them in skinny leg! That, however, is a post for another day.
Most people own a pair of jeans. There is another denim classic that I firmly believe every girl should own.
A denim jacket.
Let me extol the virtues of this must have item.
- It is tran-seasonal. I have found that a denim jacket is perfect for all seasons . During the hotter months you can also buy short sleeved ones.
- It suits almost every style of dress, skirt or pants. Throw one on with a maxi dress. Wearing a pencil skirt and top ? Layer up with a jacket . Going from work to somewhere more casual? A denim jacket makes your black work pants look less business and more leisure .
- It goes with every colour . I have found if I don't have a cardigan or jumper that suits an outfit my denim jacket will always suit.
- You can even do double denim if you are daring ! (I know some fellow curvettes have showcased this look this week so check out the links below).
Here are my tips if what to look for in a denim jacket
- A bit of stretch or a soft fabric. Denim can be quite firm so having a bit of stretch allows for better movement in your arms. It also allows you to layer up
- Go for either a cropped length or one tgst stops just on or before your waist. Any longer and you can look a bit too bulky.
- A blue mid tone would be a good colour and most versatile .
Do you have a denim jacket? Have you seen one recently that is great? Share the love and comment below letting other's know about where to find a great jacket